Monday 2 October 2017

@NAT - Bogus Police phone call warning

02/10/2017 Bogus Police phone call warning

Fraudsters are pretending to be Police Officers in order to steal bank account information, Warwickshire Trading Standards understands. Members of the public have reported several incidents where they have received phone calls from people claiming to be Police Officers investigating a crime involving their bank cards. The callers then ask for bank card details, including long numbers, sort codes, the security number on the back and PINs. The information is then used to scam them out of thousands of pounds.
No Police Force will ever ask you for bank details in this way.
NEVER divulge any bank/card information to people who phone you. If you believe the caller is genuine, ask to phone back on a publicly listed telephone number.
More information
  • Make a scam/rogue trader complaint to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.
  • Warwickshire Trading Standards Website Facebook Twitter
  • Sign up to scam alerts at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/scams
  • Avoid rogue traders. Use Warwickshire Trading Standards No Rogue Traders Here approved trader scheme
  • Please feel free to pass on or re-publish this email alert

1 comment:

  1. I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete